In Dominique's view, it is with the vines that you create the potential for a wine and in the cellar that you work to find its best expression.
This is why with his team he undertakes a rigorous and daily monitoring routine that encompasses the greatest level of respect for the terroir, and how it influences the wines.
The methods they employ include :
- mechanically turning the soil,
- leaving grass only on alternative rows,
- pruning and removing bunches of grapes as necessary to manage the yield,
- the removal of surplus leaves to ensure an optimal exposure of the grapes to the sun,
- and the monitoring of each parcel of land and of each variety as they ripen, to maximise its flavours.
The winery is at the fore front at the technology :
- Solar panels producing most of our energy needs.
- Grape pressing takes place without any oxygen contact to preserve aroma.
- Filtration is done without adding product and without waste.
- We do not add any product to conserve wine, very few sulfites are added.
- Wines before bottling are kept on vat under 6°C
Bottling is done on the domaine with our own machines.
Storage cellar for 100 000 bottles is temperature controlled.
One week order/shipping turnaround.